Friday, June 18, 2010

Devotay Iowa City

Allison, it was so great to see you a couple of weeks ago when we met up to see our friends graduate from college. However, I'm still trying to decide what the best part of the weekend was--seeing all the people I've been missing all year, basking in being in Iowa again, or our dinner at Devotay. It's kind of a toss-up, but I'm certain of one thing: for taking me there to eat, I owe you eternal allegiance.

Devotay is a tapas restaurant that focuses on local foods--its menu changes with the seasons, according to what produce is available--here's what we tried the day we went:

a delicious white sangria with citrus and melon flavors

artichoke salad with capers, mushrooms, bleu cheese & sprouts

local cheese plate with smoked almonds, olives, and a drizzle of balsamic

baked northern prairie chevre with marinara & grilled sourdough

spicy & delicious patatas bravas

stuffed acorn squash with sundried tomatoes, quinoa, chives & tahini spinach salad

Everything was so good! I kind of wish I lived in Iowa City so I could eat here constantly.



No comments: