Saturday, April 17, 2010

First Picnic

Well, this isn't exactly a cooking-related post, but it is FOOD-related, and most importantly life-related and fun-related and awesome-related.

I'm sorry, where was I? Oh yes--I went on a picnic! It was the first picnic of the season, and I had all sorts of plans to make a cold green bean and cherry tomato salad, and homemade lemonade, and cookies. Well, I accidentally slept in, so that didn't happen. However, I learned that sometimes delicious prepared salads from Whole Foods can be just as good as homemade when you're eating them on a blanket in the sun with a friend.

Our Picnic Menu:

Baguette with goat brie
Strawberries & Cocoa Haze (basically organic, fair-trade Nutella)
Tabbouleh
Salad with candied pecans, feta, and and kalamata olives
Izze sodas

Yum! It was delicious! Macy thought so too. She tried tabbouleh for the first time and was pleasantly surprised. (n.b. Macy is the dog, not the person)

I just hope I get to go on another picnic soon! Now I'm off to pore over my newly acquired copies of this month's Bon Appetit, Clean Eating & Vegetarian Times. While eating cookies & cream ice cream. Well, we can't be virtuous all the time, I suppose.

No comments: